Nationally Accredited Home Watch
First Mate Home Watch is an accredited member of the National Home Watch Association. This title is earned, not given. To Earn this title you must provide them with the proper state & local business documents, be bonded, have background checks and vetted for business practices. In addition to being an Accredited, Bonded, Insured and a Certified Home Watch professional I will also be putting my experience as Certified Pool operator to use, While inspecting your pool and property.
Accredited members of the National Home Watch Association must pass a strict vetting process for consumer complaints or issues. They must carry the proper insurance (which is always available for review). They must agree to uphold the highest ethics in the Home Watch industry. Accredited members of the National Home Watch Association will always look out for the best interests of the Homeowner.
Why You Should Choose Accredited
Benefits of Hiring an Accredited Home Watch Service
- An Accredited Home Watch service’s regular visits to your property may prevent or lessen property damage.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will create a presence in your home which may deter squatters and other intruders.
- Accredited Home Watch inspectors will look for leaks, insect infestations, mold and other potential threats.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will deliver consistent an accurate information to you during your absence.
- An Accredited Home Watch service can make arrangements for work to be done in your absence, leaving you to do what you wish once you return.
- An Accredited Home Watch service can act as your liaison between contractors, associations, Realtors and virtually anyone that you authorize them to.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will implement your storm plan.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will answer alarm calls.
- Homes controlled by an HOA/POA have bylaws that dictate how their exterior and ground are to be maintained. An Accredited Home Watch service will make itself aware of these rules and make sure that your home is kept within guidelines. They will address any problems with landscapers and lawn services.
- For condo owners, while an HOA/POA is responsible for common grounds and common areas, you are responsible for everything from the “studs in”. Problems in an upstairs unit can create major damage to the unit below. Common pipes in common walls are also notorious for causing problems to multiple units. An Accredited Home Watch service can discover issues prior to your return.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will give you peace of mind, knowing that your home is being looked after by professionals who have your best interests in mind.
I follow the National Home Watch Association Code of Ethics
Always look out for the client’s best interest.
Always protect the best interests of the Home Watch Industry.
Always maintain proper insurance and bonding.
Always maintain current business licenses.
Always look to improve on existing industry standards.
Always be diligent when checking the references of anyone or any company that you agree to do business with.
Always think twice before speaking about competitors.
Always use honesty and integrity in your business dealings.
It is the mission and goal of the National Home Watch Association to establish and maintain the highest set of standards and ethics for all Home Watch companies in the United States of America and Canada;
To establish and maintain trust and confidence between homeowners and Home Watch professionals;
To protect the public from uninsured, unbonded and unethical individuals who represent themselves as Home Watch professionals;
To promote public awareness of the Home Watch Industry;
To ensure that only companies who represent the highest levels of professionalism are accredited as members of the National Home Watch Association.
Setting the Gold Standard for the Home Watch Industry Since 2009
Reprinted with the permission of the National Home Watch Association.